 Publishing / HTML / 449
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:56:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

The Spacers have a Seed Part of the Month... it seems to generate some (a LOT
OF!) neat creations. Not all seed parts are "cool", IIRC, some were chosen to be"challenging" to incorporate, so maybe it's a slightly different thrust.

I've been thinking about this for a while myself.  It's a great way to stimulate
both creativity and lateral thinking!

May I suggest "Tricky Bricks Incorporated" and propose the small rubber band
holder as the first contender:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=41752

Consideration should be given to:

  Percentage of "non-tricky" parts in the entry (low is better)
  Picture quality of entry

Perhaps 2 entry categories:

  Single Instance (for 5 minute models)
  Multiple Instances (for those with more spare time)

I'll offer a prize of a chrome silver 2x4 brick for the best entry received and
can set up a voting page at misbi.com (as it's not doing much since eBay pulled
my plug).

It'll need a bit of working up in respect of rules for entrants and voting, but
I reckon I could have it ready to roll for 1st March if there's enough interest.

Let me know....

Cheers
misbi