 Publishing / 67
Re: Picture file sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:39:27 GMT

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998 16:44:01 GMT, "Larry Pieniazek" <lpien@ctp.com>
wrote:
While I LOVE ULV-17, the model and the site, I would have liked it better if it
had about 1/3 to 1/4 as many pages, same number of images.

That's my opinion. I KNOW others differ and you can't please everyone. Put it
in your input hopper and stir it around.

I gnawed on that question for a while.  Finally I opted for fewer
pictures per page just to keep it cleaner, with less scrolling
required.
I also attempted to balance the image loading times with the average
time taken to read the descriptive text, thereby achieving a synergy
of written comprehension and visual discovery. (1)

Page design sure is a learning process.  And a pain in the butt.

-- Terry K --
(1) How's that for a load of B.S.?  :-)