 Publishing / 638
Re: geocities web site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:09:08 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Blake Christopher Gettig writes:
I do get more than one web page right...and people will be able to click on a
model they like and download instructions?

You can have as many pages as you want.  You get 11meg of space to start and
that is more than enough for probably anywhere between 70 - 100 pages depending
on the size of the pictures you use and the size of the downloads you have.

One other catch you can not store any executable files on geocities (*.exe).
For these you can name the file something different and just include
instructions on renaming the file back when people download it.

I also assume you are talking about downloading instructions for your own
models?  If you are going to be downloading instructions for official Lego
models make sure you do not put up any instructions for sets currently in
production.  This is a violation of copyright laws and you don't want to do it.
For older set instructions there are allready a number of sites that do that
so you might want to think about what the value of doing that would be.  Of
course if these are instructions of your own models there is no problem and I
actually do that myself.

Eric

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/4598/