 Publishing / 505
Re: HTML Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:22:31 GMT

Bram,

This works too and it's a more elegant solution than putting the
background in every <TD>  The result is still a background strip that
doesn't touch at the top and bottom of the screen, unfortunately.  I can
live with this though...thanks to everyone who helped.

Bram Lambrecht wrote:

Thomas Main <main@appstate.edu> writes:
Hmmm...well after putting the background statement in all my left hand
side table cells (sheepish grin)...it does indeed work.  Originally I
had only put the <BACKGROUND=""> statement in an empty <TD> cell.  Of
course, the result doesn't seem as nice to me as the image I had
before because this new one doesn't extend to the top and bottom of the
screen and it cuts the graphic at each cell.  Any ideas for making the
background extend to the top and bottom? (I realize this isn't an HTML
tutor newsgroup...just think about it if you have some time to kill)

Try this:
If I remember correctly, you might have to add background="none" to the
TD tag.
--Bram

Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu