 Publishing / 486
Re: possible to break out of someone's frame?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 15:37:40 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
That would be if you wanted to display, say, an error page to the user -- or
some other info page -- if the linker linked you into a sub-frame.  OTOH, if
you wanted instead to simply to reload the target page at the top level
silently, you could do this:

  <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--
  if (top.location != self.location) top.location = self.location;
  //-->
  </SCRIPT>

But IIRC, last fall when I did that on a couple pages, several people
reported that it caused MSIE to go into an infinite reload loop.  :-(

Thanks!  This worked fine with IE5.  I will test it with IE4 after
next week.  On vacation next week. :)

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide