 Publishing / 4527
Re: Brickshelf Viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:58:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:

What I'd rather see is Kevin to implement at least a few of these features, if
not even more right on Brickshelf itself. Which is the whole point of BSV, to
show Kevin just how much better Brickshelf *could* be.

Brickshelf is a fantastic resource, particularly being free. And being a
user of a free resource it seems wrong to criticise it.

I really hate this line of reasoning.  It assumes the user should not have any
role in the development or maintainence of community software.  While BrickShelf
is privately owner, and provided as a free service, the users should be able to
express their opinions openly and freely!

Almost all online related functions of the LEGO community are free (such as
Lugnet, Peeron, Brickset, Bricklink, etc etc etc) - if we lose the ability to
criticize, then what happens to the community?

Most especially if the point of the criticism is to better the resource, both
for user and admin!

-Lenny