 General / 46204
Re: Brickshelf Viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:15:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
http://www.asphodel.org/bsv/

Perhaps there is a way to have it get at the LUGNET cross reference info?

Well, ideally this could be set up without using a bunch of hacks, instead using
true content sharing ala the LegoFan.net discussions.

I must say that I thought this was nifty. Really! But what I
would really really like to see, though, is that there be a way
developed to show the ads. Since BrickShelf is paying the
bandwidth for the images, and this is basically a much improved
BrickShelf interface, I think you could argue the ads ought to
be shown and the revenue go to BrickShelf, even if the GUI comes
from somewhere else.

Keep in mind that I wrote this right at the time of the server move, so ads were
not included yet.  I've been busy with other projects since, so I haven't really
touched the BSV code.

That's my view, although I acknowledge not everyone will agree
(note that many people, myself included, sometimes put BrickShelf
hosted images in other places, such as MOCpages, so it's not a
hard/fast rule, but this is a bit different I think)

Some of the code for BSV could easily be adapted for similar purposes, making it
easier to do galleries on your own site.  You wouldn't necessarily have to
include the URL parsing or description grabbing bits though.
--Bram