 Publishing / 4518
Re: Brickshelf Viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:06:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch wrote:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Bram Lambrecht wrote:

http://www.asphodel.org/bsv/

Very cool, Bram! Thanks for posting this.

I agree, it's pretty darn nifty!

Now if only BSV could surmise real name data and contact info ;-)

Perhaps there is a way to have it get at the LUGNET cross reference info?

The reason the "real name" info was removed was to comply with COPPA.

I understand your desire for compliance, but perhaps a better move would have
been to allow people to opt-in and allow their real names to be posted.

The (unintended, I'm sure) consequence of dumping realname data is now its much,
much more difficult to find peoples' creations on BrickShelf. I familiarize
myself with real names, not so much with usernames.

BrickShelf is a great free resource as it stands (and that is much
appreciated!), however it would be great to see some user-friendly features
implemented to more easily find things. Also, maybe someone could put together a
user guide of suggestions for how to make folders that are easy to find - things
like including keywords, choosing a username that reflects your real name, etc.

-Tim