 Publishing / 3826
Re: MOC: Dutch Otherdam downtown and Suburbian home 'Wybert'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:28:18 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> writes:
I hate JS with Netscape. Netscape goes on vacation for a minute or so
while it starts JS. And it does this for each page. [...]
I probably should just give up on NS completely (the main thing I use it
for is news reading [...]

Use Mozilla.  It's much, much better than Netscape 4.x.  Or if you
want to stick with the Netscape brand, upgrade to Netscape 7 - it's
pretty much the same thing as Mozilla.  The e-mail/news functionality
in Mozilla is very similar to Netscape 4's, but better.

I definitely hate it when JS is used for something which is probably
easier to do in HTML (like re-directs). It's often pretty silly for
buttons.

What's worse is when someone makes a Java Applet just so they can have
mouse-over animation on a button!  Then if you don't have Java, you
can't even click the button.  At least with JavaScript the worst case
is you don't see the animation.

Well done frames are good. The shop.lego.com site would be a lot faster
I think if their basic menu and all was a frame which didn't have to be
reloaded every time you want to look at a different bunch of sets.

I think if a site is improved by using frames, it could probably be
improved even more by a different frameless design.

--Bill.

        Consistency is not really a human trait.
                         --Maude (from the film "Harold & Maude")