 Publishing / 3716
Re: Problems uploading to Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:48:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:

When I do a reload on that folder, the following output
is logged:

dsc01908 jpg
Premature end of JPEG file
dsc01909 jpg
Premature end of JPEG file
dsc01913 jpg
Premature end of JPEG file
dsc01920 jpg
dsc01921 jpg
Premature end of JPEG file
dsc01922 jpg
Premature end of JPEG file
dsc01926 jpg
Premature end of JPEG file
dsc01928 jpg
dsc01930 jpg
dsc01931 jpg

So the broken images were not completely uploaded.  It sounds like
your files (zip or otherwise) are not uploading before your
browser times out (the server wont time out, it will wait very
patiently for an upload to complete).  This is almost certainly
an ISP problem.  On a cable modem, these files should upload
extremely fast.  If you are going through a proxy server,
try connecting directly.  Try another cable modem
on the same system to see if your uploads are being
"throttled".  Try it at work or with a completely different
ISP and see how it works.

KL