 Publishing / 3583
    Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Joseph Williams
   Why is it that the good Reverend has everyone of his folders moderated? Rev's gallery: (URL) must have come up on the random hit list and is pretty high up the host hits ladder. Some 'celebrities' have had all their folders cleared within days of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Kevin Loch
   (...) they are not unmoderated, but they are not yet public either. I'm sure that's no problem for Brendan, since he deep links to them on his website. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax and wait for us to catch up on moderation. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Anthony Sava
     (...) Why? Why set them aside for further review? What is in question? I've seen his pictures, they're not pornographic. The majority deals with the bible and it's topics, and does not every christian church give free and full access of the bible to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Richie Dulin
      (...) You forgot to add IMHO or IMO to that sentence. (Note that I'm not claiming that they are, but I certainly now people who might think that). (...) I don't think the bible as endorsed by most Christian churches necessarily contains pictures. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Kevin Loch
      (...) He has uploaded a handful of images in the past that were not (according to me). Therefore I want to carefully review all of them to make sure they are all kid-safe. The subject matter (the Bible) deals with alot of very adult topics that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

          Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Joseph Williams
      ty for replying Kevin. Granted I understand the sensitivity around some of the Testament chapters but he's got several other projects that have no offensive nature except possibly in their colour schemes. My question is why there was a carpet policy (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

          Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Kevin Loch
      (...) LOL! It's simple, he broke (or pushed) the rules in the past, so I want to carefully review everything he's uploaded. Why haven't the easy ones been moderated ok yet? That's a matter of mechanics and priorities. I took them out of the general (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

          Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Brendan Powell Smith
      Hi. Been out of town the last few days, but now that I'm back, I just wanted to chime in on this thread since The Brick Testament was being talked about. In my opinion, BrickShelf has been nothing short of wonderful for the online LEGO community, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish) !!

         Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Rick Clark
     Regarding the Brick Testament being under review: In lugnet.publish, Anthony Sava writes: <snip> (...) Well, I'll take a crack at correcting you. Firstly, despite the fact that minifigs do not have genitalia, that does not mean it is not possible to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Nicole Drumm
   What's the difference between "deep links" and just plain links? -- Thanx~ Nicole (URL) Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:GyrF5M.14w@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Ross Crawford
   (...) Nothing from the perspective of the linking page. Deep linking is just linking direct to the jpg (or whatever) from a page on another server, rather than linking to the BS file/folder number (gallery.cgi) or the main page or whatever. ROSCO (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —Nicole Drumm
   Ohh. So my idea of moving images from our site to B.S. to recover space is one that can be done! Just link to the jpg itself? Example: the story picture sets are large. So my plan is to link them from our story section. -- Thanx~ Nicole (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf —James Brown
   (...) Yes, that's quite possible. That's how I do all my Lugnet pages: (URL) the pictures on the pages linked from there are hosted by Brickshelf. thanks, James (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)