 Publishing / 3370
Re: FTX Embedded Image Resize
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:25:06 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Amy Hughes writes:
The problem is that LUGNET apparently caches the image sizes, because
the FTX page shows the images at the original size, which is twice as
big as they should be.  Augh!

Will LUGNET eventually recheck the image sizes?

It's not cached - the problem is that the page code is already written
(including WIDTH and HEIGHT tags). It's static code, so it doesn't know that
you've changed the images.

I'd call that a form of caching - it's not rechecking the data every time it
serves up the content.  But that's just semantics.

Can I force it to recheck?  What can I do?

Perhaps if you delete the images, save the page, then add them back in?
Perhaps it'd be easier to change the URLs, save the page and let it show
broken images, then "correct" the URLs.

Hmm.  I made a second page, <http://www.lugnet.com/cad/~699/axleholes2/>,
with the one of the same images embedded, and it also displays too large.
So identical URLs are displayed the same across different FTX pages.  Which
means that LUGNET is storing the information about those URLs separately
from the page-information.

Since it *looks* like LUGNET only checks the image information one time
ever, I'll probably end up following Greg's lead -- reupload the images to a
different URL, then changing the FTX page. :\

Steve