 Publishing / 3369
Re: FTX Embedded Image Resize
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:58:03 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Steve Bliss writes:
I'm having a bit of a problem with some images in FTX.  I'm hoping
someone has run into this before, and can tell me it will be alright in
the end.

Here's the history:

1. I uploaded some images to BrickShelf.
2. I created an FTX page to display the images, along with additional
information.
3. I realized the images were too large, so I created newer, smaller
versions of the images.
4. I uploaded these new images to Brickshelf.  These replaced the old
image files.

The problem is that LUGNET apparently caches the image sizes, because
the FTX page shows the images at the original size, which is twice as
big as they should be.  Augh!

Will LUGNET eventually recheck the image sizes?  Can I force it to
recheck?  What can I do?

BTW, the FTX page is at: <http://www.lugnet.com/cad/~699/axleholes/>

I recently had the same problems while putting together the Promo Brick
Database here on LUGNET.  Luckily I only added the first couple of images
and then checked the preview before completing the whole page.  I found that
my images were too large so I did as you described - uploaded smaller
versions of the same pictures with the same name to BrickShelf.

BUT, as with your page LUGNET kept loading the large size.  Not really being
too savvy about these things I ultimately just hit on the solution of
renaming the images on Brickshelf and updating the FTX pages with references
to the new names.  That was the only way I was able to get the Big pictures
to "go away".

I'd definitely be interested also in knowing if there's another solution
since I plan on continuing to take advantage of this nifty feature of my
LUGNET membership.

Greg

Promo Brick Database:  http://www.lugnet.com/duplo/~250/promobricks