 Publishing / 3060
Re: Problems with website publishing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 01:32:42 GMT

Hi there,

When you use Frontpage, you should upload your site into the following FTP
directory:
ftp://ozbricks.com/www

Take note that once you do this your URL will still be
http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce

You may also need to be careful when naming your directory.. ie: one of them
ends with ".web" , but it is a directory though, so maybe change it to
remove the " . "

Regards,
Michael

In lugnet.publish, Curt Tigges writes:
Hello, everybody,
I have been having problems recently with publishing my website (which was
made using Microsft FrontPage). I have signed up for free website hosting
with ozBricks. I received an email telling me that my account was now
active. Here is the main content of the message:

"Thanks for signing up for a FREE ozBricks.com hosting account! Your account
is now active..

Your NEW url  is: http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce

IMPORTANT - please read before uploading for the first time.......
1) The first file must be called index.html or index.htm
2) All files must be uploaded into the /www directory otherwise no-one on
the internet can access them"

The rest is just account information.
I used FrontPage to publish my website. It came up with a message saying
that FrontPage Extensions was not installed on the server I was pulishing to
and that I would have publish using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). I figured
that this was OK, so I clicked OK and entered the account information in the
corresponding fields. Everything seemed to go okay from then on up to the
point where the website was finished being uploaded to the server. Then it
came up with a message that said "Click here to view your website". I
clicked on it and Internet Explorer came up with a "Page not found" message.
I don't really know anything about website publishing, so I desperately need
some help. If anyone has any suggestions, please contact me or respond to my
post.

Curt Tigges