 Publishing / 1832
  Thumbnails - Any advice?

With my most recent web site update, I added the concept of thumbnails. To make them, I used a graphics program to scale down my pictures to 30% and then saved a copy under a different name. This makes it so the thumbnails load reasonably fast and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Thumbnails - Any advice?

(...) Try resizing them not using percentage values but exact dimensions in pixels. This would require some cropping work if your original pictures have different aspect ratios. I suggest Paint Shop Pro (1) for all these work. Selçuk (1) It's a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Thumbnails - Any advice?

(...) I noticed that you're using Outlook Express, but if you have access to a Unix system (like Linux) I have a perl script that I've written that uses pbmtools and the cjpeg/jpeg stuff to create thumbnails of all files within a given directory (it (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Thumbnails - Any advice?

Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:Fs7oDr.LKD@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) if you are Windows user, try ThumbsPlus (www.cerious.com) which will create thumbs for whole directories and create index sheets for them. Huw (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Thumbnails - Any advice?

(...) I use Adobe Photoshop for all my graphics post-processing (but then, I'm a professional Web Designer...). One of its many great features is the ability to program in complex scripts that can be executed on file batches. I've got one that take (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)