 Publishing / 1622
Re: Millennium City
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:18:29 GMT

"Sanjay D'Souza" <sds87@hotmail.com> writes:
Thanks for the info Bram.  At over 300kbs I felt the map was larger in
size than it should have been.  Hope you don't mind me using your copy.

Go ahead.

I'd interested in finding out how you got the file size so small
without a correspondingly large decrease in quality.

I'm not sure :)  Maybe Corel Photopaint 8 has better JPG compression than
most other programs...it also has a preview, so I can adjust easily
adjust the compression to a nice file-size vs. quality.

I'm limited to only 5mb on my website so reducing the file sizes
not only speeds up loading time but will also ensures I can save
more image files.

Maybe some of my images are too compressed, but I try to keep icons and
other small images to 1 Kb, Thumbnails to less than 3 Kb, medium size
images (say, 200x150 pixels) to less than 10 Kb and 640x480 images to
around 50 Kb.
--Bram