 Publishing / 1620
Re: Millennium City
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:47:56 GMT

Thanks for the info Bram.  At over 300kbs I felt the map was larger in size
than it should have been.  Hope you don't mind me using your copy.

I'd interested in finding out how you got the file size so small without a
correspondingly large decrease in quality.  I'm limited to only 5mb on my
website so reducing the file sizes not only speeds up loading time but will
also ensures I can save more image files.

Sanjay

--
Millennium City @ http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ...
In lugnet.town, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
Well, here it finally is, the Millennium City(1) webpage.  Like the
Death Star in "Return of the Jedi", the Millennium City page while
operational is far from complete.

Currently only the City Tours page is working but it includes over 30
images of Millennium City, accessable via a city road map.

Looks great!  However, the images, especially the map are quite large.  I • think
the map would best be saved as a gif file instead of jpg.  Since the file • was
already a kpg, I couldn't make it into a nice gif, but here's a file • showing
how much smaller (4 times!) you can make the file without losing much:
http://www.chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/temp/MILLM_1.1.jpg
[F-UP .publish]

I'll be fleshing out the remaining sections over the coming months.

Looking forward to it!
--Bram