 Publishing / 1599
Re: LEGO Architectural Postcards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:20:05 GMT

[ IANAL ]

Gary:

Anyway, my question is this:  Can I post these onto a website?  Or am I
violating copyright laws by doing so without the permission of the
publishing company that produced these postcards.  I probably already
know the answer, but these are soooo awesome, that it would be great to
share them with all AFOLs  (well most of them, anyway --- a few of them
are pretty dorky, .... er .... uh ... some postcards are dorky, not some
AFOLs).

The basic question in this is (as I see it):

- Has LEGO bought the right to distribute pictures of the
   models as they see fit?

I would guess that, but I don't know.

If the answer to this question is affirmative, it would be
reasonable to consider the postcards LEGO publicity material
in line with pictures in the catalogues.

In that case I guess the fair use policy means that you can
publish the postcards on your web site.

If you decide to publish the postcards on your web site, you
should remember to include whatever credits can be found on
the postcards.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:               sparre@cats.nbi.dk              --