 General / 15477
Re: LEGO Architectural Postcards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:01:40 GMT

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:46:36 GMT, Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote:

I received (on loan) a set of 30 postcards from a USA collector recently
(I won't divulge his name in case he minds me doing so).  These
postcards are from the "L'Architecture... c'est un jeu magnifique"
(Architecture is a wonderful game) LEGO architecture contest from 1985.
This contests was for European architects, and about 6 entries are shown
in the WORLD OF LEGO TOYS book from this series.

Anyway, my question is this:  Can I post these onto a website?  Or am I
violating copyright laws by doing so without the permission of the
publishing company that produced these postcards.  I probably already
know the answer, but these are soooo awesome, that it would be great to
share them with all AFOLs  (well most of them, anyway --- a few of them
are pretty dorky, .... er .... uh ... some postcards are dorky, not some
AFOLs).

My other option is just to make a CD of all the prints, and keep that,
but then all of you will forever be denied these wonderful creations.

Just wondering....
Gary Istok

For the record, these are my postcards, a lot that I won on Ebay quite a
while back.  I'd been meaning to scan them and get them to Gary, but finally
ended up loaning them to him so he could scan them.  As to posting them, I
have 4 of them posted on my website (they've been there for quite a long
time).  So if you'd like a preview:

http://www.farver.com/lego/postcards.htm

I'd love to see these posted on the web, I just don't have enough space on
my site to host them.  Ideally, I think they should probably get put up on
Brickshelf, but that's just my opinion.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |