 Publishing / 1311
Re: redirector page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:48:27 GMT

"Ralph Döring" wrote:
In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Can someone post a snippet of html that correctly accomplishes a
redirect? That is, it does one of those "this page moved, if your
browser is grown up enough we'll take you there in 4 seconds, else click
below"
[snip of refresh HTML code]

This should work on most browsers, but is not guaranteed to do so.

If you can do CGI, I'd recommend doing a "302 Moved" header, which would
usually bypass the HTML completely.

The header would basically start like this:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved
Location: http://www.notinkansas.com/yadda/index.html

You could then put the redirect HTML after the blank line at the end of the
header, to catch the very few (any?) browsers that don't handle 302.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"Hello.  My name is Jeremy, and I'm a...a brick chewer."
  (in unison) "Hi, Jeremy."