 Publishing / 1303
Re: redirector page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:58:22 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Can someone post a snippet of html that correctly accomplishes a
redirect? That is, it does one of those "this page moved, if your
browser is grown up enough we'll take you there in 4 seconds, else click
below"

Thanks.

Hi Larry,

I took the code from the imaul page at: http://www.islandnet.com/imaul/
If you havn´t seen it, take a look. It´s a great laugh  :)

The source code is:
<HEAD>

<TITLE>At last...</TITLE>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=page2.html">

</HEAD>

I think the 5 is for the time in seconds you´ve to wait until it automatically
refreshes with "page2.html". In the <Body> tag you just insert your text:
"This page has moved, you will be redicrected. Resistance is futile...." ;) or
"This page will selfdestruct in 5 seconds !"