 Promotional / 794
Re: Coca Cola Promo in Japan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 06:06:00 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.promo, Christopher J. Dean writes:

2)  Well, once again, it seems lego is trying to further tarnish their
wholesome reputation.  Check out the actress' torso.  I little risque,
wouldn't you say?  I know that's a somewhat typical outfit for a female in
an action/adventure movie, but remember, the toy is intended for children.

What do you mean?

I think he means he thinks it is risque for the torso to be showing her torso,
so to speak.  I don't find it risque at all, I think it's great to have female
torso's that don't look bovine (Willa, Leonora) or just plain frumpy (the
Adventurer female torso's in khaki).  I mean, face it, LEGO minifigs have not
been known for being at the cutting edge of fashion, so I find the
possibility that my minifigs might have more choice in their wardrobe
refreshing.  Now if LEGO decided to feature jewelry in the minifig's navel a la
Britney Spears, I could understand how that might be objectionable to some.
(So I guess if any of my figs ever go in for body piercing it will have to be a
custom job!)

Anyway, yeah, I'd let my kids play with these risque figs (if I didn't keep
them for myself, that is!).  But then, I let my kids eat burritos for
breakfast.

Maggie C. (not quite your model mom, eh?)