 Promotional / 545
Re: What do they mean? (VELUX House)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 05:45:23 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Kevin Maynes writes:
In lugnet.promo, Bradley Dale writes:
"Only persons who have attained majority may buy the LEGO house. Persons who
have not attained majority should be accompanied by a person who has attained
majority when visiting the VELUX GIFT SHOP."

??????? Anyone know what they mean?  You don't need to own Velux windows to
buy the LEGO, do you?
PS: How much will that innocent-looking $25 USD become when shipped to Canada
from Denmark?

I believe they're referring to the age of majority, usually 18 but likely
approaching 21 in some nations. They're just practising a bit of legal
self-defense.
And that US$25 would be calculated at the prevailing exchange rate, running
anywhere recently from 1.52 to 1.55 depending where you go (and which credit
card company you're using), so you're looking at about CDN$37 or thereabouts.
Plus, if Revenue Canada/Canada Customs snags the package on its way to you,
another... $2.60 or so in GST, plus the standard $5 processing fee - so you're
staring at a grand guesstimated total of about CDN$45.
Unless TNT (the shipping company) uses their own customs broker in which case
you could be in for quite a ride.
I _might_ come around to buying a couple buuuuut.... as you can see it's a bit
prohibitive. :\

KevinM.

I think what Kevin is asking is why on earth do you have to be an adult(or
major in your locality) to buy a Lego set? (in this case a Lego Velux house).