 Promotional / 523
Re: McDonalds 1999 promo sets in set reference ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.promo
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:29:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ray Sanders writes:
Its been almost a year since McDonald's sold the 1999 promo sets. Should they be
in the set reference ?

The only one I can find is the Duplo, and its listed as a BlockBuster promo
instead.

Ray

What is the current status of this inquiry?  IMHO, the most important thing
is the addition/presence of these items in the database asap.  Even if they
were listed without any set numbers at all, I would be satisfied if I could
see them when searching for "McDonald's" or "promo".  The degree to which
the set number entries represent "official" information is not as important
to me personally...

If set numbers were to be assigned by us, I would vote for using the
somewhat unique, if out-of-sequence numbers found on the instruction sheets
(as proposed elsewhere in this thread):

2032 - McD's 1999 promo set #1
2069 - McD's 1999 promo set #2
2075 - McD's 1999 promo set #3
1995 - McD's 1999 promo set #4
2045 - McD's 1999 promo set #5
2047 - McD's 1999 promo set #6
1841 - McD's 1999 promo set #7
2025 - McD's 1999 promo set #8

Let's get these added to the database so I can add them to My Collection! ;)