 Promotional / 470
Re: McDonalds 1999 promo sets in set reference ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:11:44 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
OK, do we have enough concensus to put them in the set reference now ?

Just wondering how we know that's a set number, and not some other random
number... normally it's quite apparent... not stealthy... I'm (personally)
not 100% sure :/

One encouraging thing is that most of those 8 numbers don't seem to have
collisions with other sets.  (But the DUPLO area of the sets DB is still
kinda sparse, and that's where many of the low numbers hang out, so there
could be collisions we're just not aware of.)

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to take a close look at what other stuff is in the
general area given by these numbers, i.e.,

   http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=1750-1769
   http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=1830-1849
   http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=1980-1999
   http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=2000-2099

Many of these in the 20xx range are smack in the middle of LEGO PRIMO (now
LEGO BABY) territory.

One other odd (possibly encouraging?) thing to note is that 1759 shows up as
a Blockbuster Video co-promotion.  I don't know what the McD's 1759 looks
like off-hand but I'm curious if it was the same set.  The number 1759 is
printed clearly on it.

The 1841 looks like a good bet for a real set number, IMHO.

I wonder if, in the 20xx range, they just scavenged for some empty set
numbers...?

--Todd