 Promotional / 438
Re: First scans: German Telekom "Tour de France" sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:51:02 GMT

To avoid more questions...

If you can't read German, you'll need to fire up Altavista's Translate section
(http://world.altavista.com), and cut and paste words into it (using the DT site's
URL just doesn't work well).

But here's the gist of it:
- Go to http://www.telekom.de/angebot/fanshop/
- Choose the "Neu" button, you'll see the sets.
- Choosing "mehr Infos" gets you a popup window (you'll need Javascript on)
    with the prices.
- Click "In den Warenkorb legen" to add them to your Shopping Cart.
    Choose "SchlieBen" to close the popup.
- Choose "Warenkorb" from the top frame of the DT site to see
    your Shopping Cart.
- Click the Aktualisieren button to continue through the Cart.  NOTE
    the text at the bottom under the Akt button - run this through Altavista's
    Translate section, you get:
    "The quotations contain the at present valid value added tax. Starting
    from a purchase order value of DM 200 we supply within Germany
    forwarding expenses-free. With a purchase order value under 50,00 DM
    a forwarding expenses addition is raised from 10,00 DM. With orders
    within the European Union member states the forwarding expenses
    lump sum amounts to DM 15,00. Orders outside of European Union
    member states are calculated with a forwarding expenses lump sum
    by DM 80.00."  (Note I never heard back whether they would subtract
    VAT from my large order - I hope they do, it will be a nice chunk of change)
- If you change the # of sets ordered on any line, click the "Akt" button to
    update the totals
- Once you have the # of each set you want shown in your Cart, click the pink
    link "Ich möchte ohne Mitgliedschaft einkaufen" ("I would like to buy
    without membership").
- The next page is for entering your name and shipping info - run each
    section through the Altavista Translator to make sure you are entering
    the right stuff in the right places.
- NOTE the "Zahlungsmethode: [notwendig]" dropdown list - this is the Payment
    Method.  To translate the choices, you have to View Source for the frame, and
    then run the choices through the AT.  Here they are:
        Rechnung - Calculation
        Vorauskasse - Vorauskasse (didn't translate)
        Kreditkartenzahlung mit Wallet - Credit card payment with Wallet
        Kreditkartenzahlung ohne Wallet - Credit card payment without Wallet
    The last choice is the one most outside the EU will probably use.
- After entering all of your info, choose "Anmelden" to continue

Beyond that, you're on your own, I've taken you 90% of the way through ;-)  Just
use the Altavista Translator for anything else you don't understand, and you'll
figure it out.

Toki Barron wrote:

In lugnet.promo, Toki Barron writes:
In lugnet.promo, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.promo, Norman Mensing writes:

Right now you can get them in allmost every shop that sells th normal lego
stuff, you can also get them from the Deutsche Telekom (They are on their • web
page-shop, too).
Prices are allways 5/10/30/40 DM (~2.5/5/15/20 $)

Can you give us a URL where the sets are available for sale?  I know that I,
for one, would be interested in buying them.

Does anyone know how long the sets might be in stores?

Here is the "webpageshop"'s URL:
http://www.telekom.de/angebot/fanshop/

The Lego is under "Neu" right now, I imagine at some point it will be under
"kinderkollektion" at some point.  There is a link to the English section, but
I didn't see the stuff there, just the terms of sale, how to order, etc.  When
looking at the stuff, "mehr Infos" is "more info".

Oh yeah, I just noticed that shipping to the US is DM 80, about $40.  I know
Ralph Doering was taking orders for these sets, he may be able to do a little
better than that.  See:
http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=6725

Ralph was offering all 4 sets for $65 (including seamail shipping) or $73 for
airmail.  If you order from Deutsche Telekom, it is DM 5 + DM 10 + DM 30 + DM
40 + DM 80 = DM 165 = US$82.50.  He is a pretty reliable guy, although he is in
the middle of exams and may take a couple of days to reply.

Toki

Toki

--
Tom Stangl