 Promotional / 256
    Re: Lego vs. Pokemon —Jeff Thompson
   (...) It's also a cartoon (anime - japanese animation), and, most importantly in geek circles (I think), it's a collectable card game, rather like Magic the Gathering. The official Pokemon web site: (URL) apparently covers the videogames, comics, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

        Re: Lego vs. Pokemon —Jeff Stembel
     [moving to off-topic.fun] (...) There is also a manga(comic) version. Oh, and I don't think it is the "geek" crowd that is collecting the cards; I think it is mostly kids and the anime fans who like Pokemon. Now why can't the good stuff like (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Lego vs. Pokemon —Tobias Möller
   Yeah, but it all started with the videogame didn´t it? I read that the idea for pokémon came in 1995, when the game started to be developed. Perhaps the anime came before the game. I think it did, because the "pokémon" show was on the TV news when (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

        Re: Lego vs. Pokemon —Erin Windross
   (...) I do remember hearing about that in the news, but I don't think it was Pokemon <remembers the episode of the Simpsons where they featured them going to Japan then watching one of those cartoons and getting sezuires> *starts to laugh* But (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

        Re: Lego vs. Pokemon —Jeff Thompson
   (...) It was indeed an episode of the Pokemon cartoon that caused a an epidemic of epilepsy attacks among japanese children. What's hilarious / really sad is that one of the the evening news shows in Japan showed a clip from the same cartoon while (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)