 Pirates / 875 (-5)
  Re: Help me with some vocabulary...

(...) Okay smart aleck! :O) Well here's the deal. He does have a ship and he does have a crew but no letter of marque. (That's an official document, right?) He's replaced the old skull and crossbones with a smiley face and a bow tie, though it's (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Help me with some vocabulary...

(...) Gold-digger (no, wait, isn't that Donald Trump's ex-wife)? Treasure hunter (more of a modern term)? Privateer would require a letter of marque and a ship. A ship's captain would require that he was the captain of a ship. Neither would define (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: washing pirate sails

I have ironed sails using close the highest setting: "Wool/Cotton" and it worked fine. To protect the sail from any stain from the iron, I placed the sail between two sheets of printer paper. This also probably helps to avoid accidentally burning (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Help me with some vocabulary...

I'm working on a story about a reformed pirate who is still in search of a buried treasure. What would he refer to himself as? A privateer? (I think they're just pirates paid off by a government) A treasure seeker? (Kind of boring) Or is he just (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: washing pirate sails

(...) I have used liquid dish detergent with good effect. I also ran some sails in Pine-Sol, but that wasn't wise (I now have a few aged sails). I have also ironed the sails to great effect. I usually use the lowest temperature setting, but I (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact