 Pirates / 4435 (-20)
  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Hi Manfred, Thanks, I appreciate your detailled observations. A spark that would run along a cannon powder line and would end with a big explosion ... ... ... of creativity? Do you mean you don't like the current Pirates line? Joke - joke - (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Hi Mark, Thanks. How many feedbacks from fans does it requires? And then, how many feedbacks from Lego Ambassador does it requires before TLC could even start to wonder that it could eventually be possible to think that it may etc... ;>) Who (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

Eric, You've done an awsome job with this MOC. I admire that you've captured so much nice little details, while keeping close to the brick diversety mix and building techniques that were so characteristic for the classic LEGO sets of the eighties. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Awesome Eric! Now when will Lego produce it? :) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Richie, Finally we meet... the famous Richie from Port Brique... let declad our cutlasses and see which is most malicious pirate!!! Thanks, you're a "connoisseur". Eric (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Hi Karl, Yes I remember the first catalog where Pirates appeared in 1989, let me check my collection...(some times later)... I don't have the small catalog but the regular one and I can tell that the photo with the Black Seas Barracuda and the (...) (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Enjoy I did! I also have neglected the pirate theme for a long time. Your model gave me the same feeling as looking at the LEGO catatlog (the 1/2 page height one from '89?) when Pirates first came out. Another great example of "if Lego made (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  The Supply Tender 'Ratsée'

The Ratsée is a brigantine rigged (or hermaphrodite brig, if you prefer) tender which is the supply vessel for the French squadron of Port Brique. Her simplified rig allows for easy handling by her small crew (Master, master’s mate and half a dozen (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Excellent work, Eric. Thanks for sharing. You've captured a great scene from 'everyday life'. Spotlighted. Cheers Richie Dulin (URL) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Hi Mark, Thanks. Yes the regular Lego shutters are really too small. These ones are a variation from the ones from my Valiant Hart Tavern (see my BS folder). This technic works well so I can put shutters everywhere now :>) So now we have Tom (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Great stuff, Eric! My favorite detail is the yellow shutters on the tavern - very Caribbean. And I second Tom's comment that this could be an official set. Thanks for sharing. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Hi Tom, Thanks for the nice and detailled comments, I can see I succeed in my study for that model. It's very pleasant. If a lot of people, like you,ask Lego maybe they could buy my set and produce it... sweet dream ;>) I'm wondering to make (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

(...) Eric, I love what you did! It reminds me of the charm that was part of the original pirate series. You did a great job in showing a variety of architectual elements in a small space. I love the simplicity in the details. The pier is great in (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Puerto Brico : Pirates everyday life

Hello everybody, My new MOC is Pirates themed, something I didn't made for a loooooooong time ;>) (URL) Comments welcome. Enjoy, Eric (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX) !!

  Billy Bones - Frigate

Greetings, After two years and a current addiction to Sid Meier's Pirates I thought it was time to post pictures of "Billy Bones": (URL) Frigate (or whatever you want to class it as) is based on Red Beard's Runner 6289 with two additional hull (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates)

  The cutter Tréfroid

(URL) The Trésfroid is a cutter operating in the waters around Port Brique, a much more modern design than many of my other vessels. Built on a one centre section narrow hull (from the Sealion), the Trésfroid’s hull is widened using inverted slopes (...) (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !!

  Pirates! Yarrr here, there be dead men...

Well after a long hiatus of not building anything for a while, sudden inspiration has lead to a few pieces with some nice results. First to come WIP is this Pirate skull from the movie poster for "Pirates 2: Dead Man's Chest" (URL) Will probably (...) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug, FTX) !!

  Re: The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

(...) It's not historical. Too say that naval vessels didn't sometimes use (or have) aft davits might be going a bit to far, but it was be very, very unusual at least. Slinging boats on davits was popular for whalers, as they could be launched (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Bomb Ketch Bloviator

Really nice. I escpecially love the stern. One question though, while the boat looks cool and adds a a bit of desperately needed length is it historical? Of course I may just be reading too much of the Aubrey/Maturin series as historical fact but I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Expanding the range of pirate headwear

(...) Remember when gangs would mug people for their Reeboks? Well, that's nothing compared to what pirate minifigs will do for new hats: (URL) (...) No, it's the one used for the second Misérable and everything since. I think I might be getting (...) (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact