 Pirates / 4090
Re: 4+ Pirate Sets in North America!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:08:47 GMT

Ahoy!

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but the 4+ Pirate sets are now
available in Canada (where I live), and the USA!  And just look at the
http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?cn=213&d=35&t=10
The prices are SO cheap!  Especially the large ship!  (Okay, it's
backordered, but I know what I want for Christmas - two of them!)

My goodness! That. Is. Cheap. Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship is $USD 39.99
while it is EUR 79.99 here! I don't dare to ask the currency converter how many
$$ EUR80 are.... (OK, I did, and it would be about $100.) For EUR39.99 even I
would consider buying this ship.

All of the other sets are inexpensive too - just imagine all those parts!

Well, most of those parts are useless dirt, way too big and un-versatile and
newcoloured anyway. In any case not worth spending EUR 80 for just some red
spindled fences and scimitars.

the good
sets and inexpensive prices reminiscient of the Classic 1980's - early 1990's
sets are back with a vengeance (minus good minifigs, of course, but that's
liveable)

Erm.. You are reffering to the 4+ Pirates with "the good sets", are you?
Honestly, Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship is blushing in shame compared to the
Black Seas Barracuda 6285. Even the Red Beard Runner 6289 (harhar, they are
quite inventive when it comes to names...) is better than this pile of POOPs.

Here's to inexpensive 4+ Pirates for the rest of the world, too!

Skål!

Bye
Jojo