 Pirates / 4095
Re: 4+ Pirate Sets in North America!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:44:50 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Noeckel wrote:
In lugnet.pirates, Aaron Walsh wrote:
WELL SHIVER ME TIMBERS!

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but the 4+ Pirate sets are now
available in Canada (where I live), and the USA!  And just look at the
prices:

<http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?cn=213&d=35&t=10>

The prices are SO cheap!  Especially the large ship!  (Okay, it's
backordered, but I know what I want for Christmas - two of them!)

All of the other sets are inexpensive too - just imagine all those parts!

After hearing all the complaining about the high prices from overseas, I was
rather hesitant about these sets - would they be so expensive that I could
only get a few?  Well, fear no longer, North American .pirate fans - the good
sets and inexpensive prices reminiscient of the Classic 1980's - early 1990's
sets are back with a vengeance (minus good minifigs, of course, but that's
liveable)

Here's to inexpensive 4+ Pirates for the rest of the world, too!

God Bless you, Lego S@H!

Aaron :)

!Hey Aaron,

Are these gonna be at local retail too!
I'd just rather pick them up at Wal Mart or TrUs...

Thanks for posting this,

                    --==Richard==--

I don't see why not, Richard. I'm almost certain that they're a standard Lego
product line, released to retail.  I've often found that the price difference
isn't that much, though - and Lego.com often has sales that the stores may or
may not have.  If you want to have the kits right away, buy them online.  If
you'd rather be able to "shake the box", then wait (There is something nice
about being able to actually pick up the box!).  It's your call.

Aaron :)