 Pirates / 4035 (-20)
  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) The sheer (curve) to the hull is very nice, and adds an extra touch of realism! (...) Nice ship, Steve! Now all she needs is a crew. (...) Aaron :) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) well i was inspired by a picture i have of the real Minotaur in one of my books. of course, the real one was more of a light burgandy, and less bright red, but i think the Lego red worked out pretty well! i actually like it better thean the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) thanks for the kind words! (...) :-) (...) actually, i do think some would liven up the pics a bit. in reality, i dont have almost any right now, as i sold many of them along with some legos recently, but i will buy more, never fear! best (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) -snip- Nice work again! The colour scheme isn't one I would have expected to work... but I wouldn't have expected the light grey/blue scheme to work either. (...) They are nice and tall! I wonder if it would be worth moving the top sections 2 (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) I've had the same idea to make tall masts like that, but I never had enough mast pieces to do it. I guess great minds think alike. (...) I like the way it looks with the curved lines. (...) Looks like a great ship. You need to take some (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

hello! i finished my most recent ship, HM Figate Minotaur. she is a light frigate, with 20 guns on the upper deck, and 4 carronades on the top deck. (much smaller than the real Minotaur, a 74, but her color inspired me, so i named mine after the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Delfín

(...) Umm - the mizzen is a mistake. Oops. The jib was deliberate - I didn't want the jib and fore sail to clash. (Real Xebecs often had sails of two different colours, but I couldn't find material with different colour stripes, so I orientated them (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Game

(...) Jen, thanks for responding. I'm happy to run the game. But Jen is providing the location. So please contact her regarding directions and suggested snacks. We'll be using the "Wooden Ships & Plastic Men" rules. They can be found at (URL) Thank (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

(...) Hello Moolhuysen Thanks for your interested opinion. When i reached the "capela" level, i tried to do what you said, but i don't have the white bricks 1 x 1 headlight necessary to complete the intire battements :( . For this version i didn't (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

(...) Hello Sincerely I do not know if this is the last version, because normally I destroy my MOCs last some time... when I need the parts. If it will have time and parts very probably I will make the modifications suggested for the Moolhuysen and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Delfín

(...) -snip- (...) Nice work on the sails. The X cut sounds like a good idea - I've used a paper hole punch, and have often found that the hole is slightly too big. And threading the jib seems like a good option to save them slowing travelling down (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Delfín

My second ship is here - the Spanish xebec Delfín! You can see her here: (URL) A xebec (or chebeck, if you prefer) was originally a ship built by the North African Barbary Coast pirates and operated from such cities as Tunis, Tripoli and Algiers. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Port Brique on the Move!

(...) Wow! Reminds me of my own move several years ago - I had to support my town on a sheet of plywood so it wouldn't fall apart. (Shudder) (...) I'm happy everything went well, Richie, and nothing was too damaged. (...) Big things are planned, eh? (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

Luis, With every upgrade this gets better. I especially like how you did the crennelations and the new details on the tower. Is this the ultimate version, or do you have further additions in mind? Bruce Hietbrink (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

Hello Luís, Yes indeed, this verson has better proportions. Substantially improved are the battements round the top terrace, those small pinnacles on the crenelles made of cones 1x1 make it look much more like the real life tower. I'm not sure about (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Port Brique on the Move!

(...) The ageing brig, the Madame Thenardier will, once again, be called on to fly the flag for the French in the South Pacifique. Capitaine Legeaux, even with only twelve guns, is not one to be underestimated. (...) Studding sails? Nice. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Belém Tower - Torre de Belém

em português no fim (URL) Belém Tower (aka St. Vincent Castle) - Lisbon Portuguese National Monument built in 1520; declared "World Heritage site" by UNESCO in 1983. This is the 5th version, built for the first public exhibition by PLUG (Portuguese (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Port Brique on the Move!

(...) Miserable will be on the stocks for a while, huh? itll be easy pickings without her around. :-) the men will be happy to have another Brit around, hopefully that project will come to fruition! or, you could build a companion for Mis..... hey, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Port Brique on the Move!

(...) Well, there's a partial rebuild of the Misérable planned: stern design has been moved forward (mostly by you!) in leaps and bounds since the Mis was put together. I do have a whole BSB with a spare centre section and mast standing by for the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: question about sails

(...) Neither! They would be secured to belaying pins to a rail on the inside the hull above deck. For Lego purposes, using the rail would be okay, but I'd be inclined to use a solid section of rail. If there isn't a solid section, I'd tend to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact