 Pirates / 4018
Re: Port Brique on the Move!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:45:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:

   Well, there’s a partial rebuild of the Misérable planned: stern design has
been moved forward (mostly by you!) in leaps and bounds since the Mis was put together. I do have a whole BSB with a spare centre section and mast standing by for the next project, which might be the long awaited HMLS Frivolous (6th rate) or not.

I used a 2x2x11 column on the foremast and (iirc) bricks on the main. The 2x2x11 column is nice, but it doesn’t attach securely enough (and the mast base above certainly doesn’t attach securely enough either). I’d be inclined to go for a column of 2x2 bricks with one or more technic axles in the centre next time. The axles could be used to secure through the deck, and into a substantial fighting top to which a mast base could be firmly attached.

Adieu

Richie Dulin

Miserable will be on the stocks for a while, huh? itll be easy pickings without her around. :-)

the men will be happy to have another Brit around, hopefully that project will come to fruition! or, you could build a companion for Mis.....

hey, maybe we can even get Port Block in on the action again, would love to see more from him.

thanks for the clarification on the sails issue as well, i thought they attached somehoe to the outer railing, but i was not completely sure. im planning on a full set of sails for my current ship, including Royals, mizzen topgallant, and if i feel ambitious enough, studding sails. i want there to be so much darn canvas that you cant see the ship at all, just a blanket of white! ;-)

best regards, steve