 Pirates / 3975 (-10)
  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Because "in space, no one can hear you scream"?? (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Yeah, right. Keep talking smack like that, and I may just show up this year and bring another "boat" with me. Can't you guys go pick on Galidor or something? Yo ho ho, LFB PS: I'm still weeping over the non-appearance of the Battrax. FOUL, I (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Well, we pirate types do have an advantage. We don't need to delcare any stinking war, we just go a' plundering. ~Clangador (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) !Good point... Probably 'cause .castle keeps whip-beating them like the little astro-punks they are! The Spacers just need someone to turn on...jus' give 'em time, they'll eventually put a blaster to each other soon enough. ;) ~Lovin' the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) And on a non-existent theme, at that. What a bunch of wimps. And what does this really have to do with pirates, anyway? Keep the whining about space stuff in space. (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

"Felix Greco" <pggreco@ilstu.edu> wrote in message news:Hzs2oB.1CHE@lugnet.com... (...) I'm curious why the space folk always seem to need to declare war on other themes? Frank (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I agree whole-heartedly, but as you might recall we had the vote a while back. And I specifically remember one of my favorite sets being on the voting list... [LEGOSet 6941] But, we got the Black Seas Barracuda instead. Democracy is a burden. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Serpent (and a mermaid figurehead)

"Daniel Yuhas" <screaminecstasy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HzMFI6.12ss@lugnet.com... (...) Nice. I'm a big fan of minor modifications of stock sets. My Red Seas Barracuda is mostly a re-coloration of the Black Seas Barracuda, though it does (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast Platforms.

(...) I like that idea, but I think I only have one of those hook plate pieces. I have a bunch of the 1x2 hook plates where the hook points up though. Here's the idea I had, although the pictures don't explain it well at all. (URL) used one of those (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  The Serpent (and a mermaid figurehead)

The Serpent is a merchant ship, although for the pictures, I just put a few random minifigures on it. It is basically the Emperor's ship or whatever from the Adventure line, but a few tiny changes that I made so that I like it better. (URL) smallest (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact