 Pirates / 3900 (-5)
  Re: her majesty's new sloop! HMS Tempest has arrived!

(...) hi wes, thanks for the help with the rigging difficulty i had, i rerigged it correctly i believe. i put up some new pics. anyway, i have seen the definition of a sloop as a single masted vessel, butthere are also other definitions in all 3 of (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: her majesty's new sloop! HMS Tempest has arrived!

(...) hello mike, thanks for the compliments. :-) well, i try to be accurate with my ships, and i really dropped the ball on this one. so, i rerigged it. check out my new string, hopefully it is correct this time. again, thanks fofr the kind words! (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: her majesty's new sloop! HMS Tempest has arrived!

(...) I fear the French are slipping further and further behind. Fortunately, selection of shipbuilding supplies is en route to Port Brique. I just hope it's not too late! (...) A winner all round. And not just functional, she's beautiful besides. (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: her majesty's new sloop! HMS Tempest has arrived!

(...) As a vessel description, yes, but it should be refered to as "Her Majesty's Sloop Tempest" (Or HM Sloop Tempest). Just like you'd refer to a Royal Navy Brig as "HM Brig ...". But of course, there were no reigning British Queens between 1714 (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: her majesty's new sloop! HMS Tempest has arrived!

(...) Nonono, a sloop has ONE mast (At least since the 17th century; before that, it could be up to 3). Any ship with more than that cannot actually BE a sloop. "Sloop of War" is defined as a ship with cannons on one deck only. Both my own reference (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact