 Pirates / 3636
Re: 10040 Black Sea Baracuda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:16:12 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Ronan Webb wrote:
   Anyhow, the strings - even when i had it right i still wasn’t convinced. Maybe I’m still wrong. What’s with the string tied at the rear (aft:) ?

Stern ;-)

   I can’t see how it can possibly NOT just pull the lamp off - the round or cone part will not stay long on the single-stud 1x2 with or without the monkey fooling around up above ... or am i doing something wrong ?

IIRC, it’s okay as long as it’s not too tight.

On my shortened BSB, I’ve got more string left, so it’s looped around the outside lamp brackets and attached back onto itself (below the boom) with a rolling hitch. And tensioned gently.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique