 Pirates / 3637
Re: Mini pirate ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:33:15 GMT

it's really good mini model
i like it very much

ther is one thing which surprises me
why this front spike is mounted one stud back
why not on the very front studs

br
pixel

"Peter F. Guenther" <peterg1974@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ho0GsD.240I@lugnet.com...
For MichLUG's appearance at the Detroit-area Festival of Trees, I thought a mini
pirate ship would be a fun ornament.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0311ornaments/ship1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0311ornaments/ship2.jpg

Obviously it'll have to be a good glue job to keep this on the tree.  After
mutilating both ends of an axle trying to drill a hole for a screw hook, I
decided that a Lego solution was best for hanging.  (I still used the mutilated
axle... it's covered at both ends!)

This is a first pass, and while I'm very proud of it I'm also open to
suggestions.  PLMKWYT!

Peter