 Pirates / 3632
3631  |  3633
Subject:
Mini pirate ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 02:12:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

For MichLUG's appearance at the Detroit-area Festival of Trees, I thought a mini
pirate ship would be a fun ornament.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0311ornaments/ship1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0311ornaments/ship2.jpg

Obviously it'll have to be a good glue job to keep this on the tree.  After
mutilating both ends of an axle trying to drill a hole for a screw hook, I
decided that a Lego solution was best for hanging.  (I still used the mutilated
axle... it's covered at both ends!)

This is a first pass, and while I'm very proud of it I'm also open to
suggestions.  PLMKWYT!

Peter