 Pirates / 3050
Re: 10040 Black Sea Baracuda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 04:19:11 GMT

Congrats!!

One of the greatest set of all time IMO.  Great to see new people get to
build it.

-Jon
--
| The Shipyard - http://zemi.net/shipyard
| The Moonbase Project - http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/
| My Lego Creations - http://zemi.net/lego
| Attack of the Bricks - http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

"rsalim" <rivaisalim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Wahooo!!!
I finally got my lego 10040 Black Sea Baracuda (re-release).
I have been wishing to be able to get the original set (6285) back in
1989, but I was not able to afford it back then.

This set is really amazing. It took me about +-6 hours to put it
together and it's a pleasent experience to build this huge set. This is
the second pirate ships that I have (first 6290) and 10040 really stand
out with it's details.

Pro:
10040 contains much more moveable parts then I expected. The cabin very
roomy and more accessible compare to 6290.  The addition of open able
windows and 2 double wooden door is a very nice touch to the cabin. The
hull is pack with canons on each sides and lot's of open able doors to
access cargo area on lower deck which is a must have for schooners.  The
ability to hoist/lower the anchor is also a nice addition that 6290
doesn't have.  This set also comes with more sails and makes this
schooner looks much more better/powerful compare to 6290.

Contra:
- The string for pulley that is included in this set is not long enough!!!
I end up cut of my 6290 pulleys string in half just for the sack of it!
(Hope Lego notice about this and included a longer string for next
production!!)
- The instruction manual doesn't tell which string use for which parts.
The old manual indicate the string's length, but the new one doesn't!
- This set also need a working pulley like 6290. (If only I have a
longer string, I could tight it up to anchor's winch. So the pulley
rises as I anchor down and vise versa.)

Don't get me wrong I really like this pirate ships, the string issue can
be easily taken cared I guess you can simply use any string to replace
it if there isn't any other option for you.

Overall this is a great pirate ship. It really stands up to its
reputation as a Lego Legend.  I'm very glad that lego decided to
re-release this set. I really hope that other pirate sets will get its
chance for re-release.

Anyway, anyone else get their 10040 Black Sea Baracuda here,?

Share your opinion/comment here.