 Pirates / 3461
Re: New ship - La Empresa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:01:30 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Very cool! Those curves are very nice.

   I’m awfully impressed by the sloping sides on the sterncastle, and the stays are brilliant.

Thanks Richie. The stays also function as ‘I can’t believe they’re not ratlines’, since I didn’t much like the look of the official Lego ones (and they’re much harder to put at funny angles too).

Using lots of hinges makes a construction ‘looser’ (there are a lot of gaps between bricks that probably don’t turn up in the photos) and more fragile, but the more curved effect you can acheive can be quite good.

I might have a go at a galleon next. Two centre sections... oooohh :)

Michael (el conquistador)