 Pirates / 3460
3459  |  3461
Subject:
To BSB or to SBSB (10040 modified)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:28:21 GMT

Most modifiers of the Black Seas Barracuda add masts, guns and centre sections... not so the shipwrights of Port Brique

By Port Brique standards, the stock BSB is certainly undergunned for its size, but rather than go the obvious route and add a gunport or four, (and with the ulterior motive of freeing up a centre section for use on the forthcoming HMLS Frivolous), I shortened it. Thus the Short Black Seas Barracuda (SBSB) (or Allsort as it is known it Port Brique) was born:

While it was in the yards, I took the liberty of adding a set of stairs, roofing the forward hold, removing the awkward aft ‘are-they-or-are-they-not’ gunports and flattening the poop deck somewhat.

The SBSB makes my (mostly) unmodified 6285 BSB look humorously almost too long, particularly amongst my other large ships.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique