 Pirates / 3260 (-10)
  Sails Parts Pack

With the re-release of the pirate line, How about doing a sails parts pack. They don't last as well as ABS bricks, especially with constant play from small children. I am also sure the perceived value to the buyer is a lot higher than your cost to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Dagada Lautem Houses, 2nd Draft

(...) I was going to populate the huts, but I couldn't do it for 3 reasons. 1. I have only one pirate kit---Eldorado Fortress. 2. I have no islander figs. 3. The people who live there have dark skin, not yellow. Thanks. Cheers (*clink*) Dean (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Dagada Lautem Houses, 2nd Draft

Cool! You've got the basic feel of the huts down. Now, it would be cool if you made a proper village and populated them with islanders! :) -JHK (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.arch)

  Dagada Lautem Houses, 2nd Draft

Hi all, A very long time before I became a member of LUGNET, I built these Dagada Lautem houses. I got most of the idea first from a computer game, then from an Indonesian-style architecture book. One of the pictures in that folder is a shot from (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate...

Ahoy, I wasn't going to reply... but: (...) Freeboard is the distance from the waterline to the gunnels (or from waterline to weather deck on a ship). Vessels with little freeboard tend not to do well in rough seas. Cheers Richie Dulin (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate...

(...) True, True. if the seas got ugly, everything could go haywire. but, if you want to be succesful-gotta take those risks, dont you? (...) i have not forgot that, the rule about grounding. but i am not taking my ships in-well, a cutter might do, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Dagada Lautem Houses

Hi all, A very long time before I became a member of LUGNET, I built these Dagada Lautem houses. I got most of the idea first from a computer game, then from an Indonesian-style architecture book. One of the pictures in that folder is a shot from (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate...

Gentlemen, I've been watching this debate develop for a while... forgive my lengthy and belated commentary. (...) Ahh, dangerous words, those: "perfect plan"... a change in wind or bad luck on a reef and its bad business for the British. Though if (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ships (was Re: My Ships)

(...) I must agree... though I'm sure their majesty makes up for that ; ). I remain determined to one day build a 74 in 1 stud=1 foot, but there are *many* hurdles to overcome before I get there. Multiple gundecks SNOTed being one of them... I'll (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) <snip> (...) Oops. My apologies. It's just that there are so many Hornblocks, Hornbricks, Hornblockers and Hornbrickers around the place, I lose track. You'd almost think the English lacked imagination! ;-) <snip> (...) Of course it does! (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact