 Pirates / 3249
    Lobsters and Frogs debate... —Alex Polimeni
    (...) Dash out- here is why. i know that i dont stand a chance in a ship-to-ship broadside-to-braodside action with Port Briques ships. so, i dash out to sea with them on my tail, leave em behind, poke my head out ever once and a while, taking pot (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate... —Kenneth Tam
   Gentlemen, I've been watching this debate develop for a while... forgive my lengthy and belated commentary. (...) Ahh, dangerous words, those: "perfect plan"... a change in wind or bad luck on a reef and its bad business for the British. Though if (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate... —Alex Polimeni
    (...) True, True. if the seas got ugly, everything could go haywire. but, if you want to be succesful-gotta take those risks, dont you? (...) i have not forgot that, the rule about grounding. but i am not taking my ships in-well, a cutter might do, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate... —Richie Dulin
   Ahoy, I wasn't going to reply... but: (...) Freeboard is the distance from the waterline to the gunnels (or from waterline to weather deck on a ship). Vessels with little freeboard tend not to do well in rough seas. Cheers Richie Dulin (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)