 Pirates / 3132
Re: Little pirate boat spotted in upcoming 2003 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:28:58 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Benjamin Medinets writes:
A close-up of the set (which was leaked by Marz) can be seen here:

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=7416-1

Personally, it is a fairly nice ship, with multiple applications if
necessary.  The Chinese Sailors look pretty nice in their helmets.
The boat itself has funny looking sides, this might require a slight
modification to change this so it looks really smart.

It lacks the sloping decks of a typical junk, and the sides look decidedly
western to my eye (actually they look a lot like the sides of that cutter we
all know and love).

I wonder how changeable the model is?  As in can I make the model longer
or wider to fit a Chinese Naval Invasion Force, as they did when they
attacked the Japanese in midieval times.

Longer is easy, wider is a bit more difficult. But longer or wider is going
to result in the sail becoming a bit small. Two (and three?) masted junks
are a possibility, but it'd be worth considering custom sails for a
full-fledged invasion force.

Cheers

Richie