 Pirates / 3130
Re: Little pirate boat spotted in upcoming 2003 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:56:18 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Hey all,

  Check this out:

  http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/usr/usergallery/awc.sized.jpg

  A new, interesting little cutter?  Yeeha!

Isn't that a chinese boat? I don't know the English name for it, in
Portuguese it's "junco".

Pedro

Junk, as in the name of the boat, not an assessment of it's qualities.  The
battens (long wooden reinforcements in the sails running from the mast to
the sail's trailing edge) are hinted at by the points on the sail's edge.
Very cool, but this is an Adventurer's set, not Pirates - not that it won't
get drafted!

-->Bruce<--