 Pirates / 3030 (-20)
  Re: Firing Canon?

(...) I think it was due to the "danger" of having it fire projectiles....errr lego pieces. :) I think they were afraid of lawsuits in USA, so they decided to come up with "safe" cannons here in North America. I love the shooting cannons, myself, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Trading Post Cutter Sails?

Hello everyone I know this may have been asked before, but I can't find the answer online. What size are the sails for the Trading Post Cutter ? I know the "square" sail is the same as the one from "Raft Raiders", but I need the dimensions of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Firing Canon?

Has LEGO ever given an explanation for the United States not having firing canon after the original 4 pirate sets release in 1989? If so, could someone direct me to it. I have been wondering about this issue since 1990. Susan Williams almost (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Pirates and more at Legoworld 2002

Hello fellow Pirates! Five days of exhibition, attended by more then 35.000 people!! Incredible. Check out the stories from other participants, I just want to show you my impressions and a bit of the work, accompanied to such a show. The building (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Pirateer Game Demo

Hello Pirate friends! (...) I think the game has great potential. At first view it may look simple, but I sense great strategic/tactical challenges lurking beneath the surface. Here are a couple of suggestions for using the game with Lego Pirate (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.pirates)

  Pirateer Game Demo

Hey: There's a game online that looks like it could be adapted to playing with Lego ships and such. (URL) offer the link merely as something that may be of interest to the Pirate-minded. -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) Wow, there are a lot of accessory sets available when you pretend you're from the UK. Including 5060. . .which is listed as "available now". . .so TLC still has shooting cannons? I'm kinda curious about 5195. What colour are those? TWS (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda sets sail again!

(...) Also, don't forget the USS Constitution.... $A99.95. Great value as a source of parts, and will be interesting to reconfigure for minifig use as well. Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda sets sail again!

(...) Wow... $150 Aus? Woohoo! These last couple of monthss have had most of Lugnet grinning insanely. First was the ISD, then the Falcon's Fortress, and the rumours of 2003 Star Wars sets... But I can say unequivocally that this has been the one (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Space Pirates!

(...) He showed up to say hi and we convinced him to bring some of his MOCs down to put on the table. :) ~GAMH (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Re: Space Pirates!

(...) conventions? Or- *gasp* could he be coming back? Ah well, too bad... LUGNET has resolved so many of it's issues now. -JHK (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Re: Space Pirates!

(...) You might say it IS Joel Kuester's VES-X. He's in this picture, on the left in the black jacket. (URL) pictured are Jeremy and Barbara Sproat, in the foreground, and Bram Lambrecht in the red shirt. The top of Ashley Glennon's head and cell (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Re: Space Pirates!

Wow, that's funny! I really like the idea. Nice guns using technic parts, too. The bit under the hull is great, too. I think I know what I'm going to do with that half-finished pirate ship shown here: (URL) more question: this was at NWBrickCon, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Re: Space Pirates!

(...) I vaguely wondered what that was... I should have recognized the signature Sandlinian prow/battering ram and engines. Look forward to more pics.... (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Re: Space Pirates!

(...) Oh I don't know. It was just a thing I built with Sean. Thought it would be cool. (...) I'll get some pics of that when I have time... probably won't be until next week. (...) Nope. If I go anywhere, it will be BricksWest. It's just too (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Re: Space Pirates!

(...) Wassssup (...) The forward machine gun is awesome. HLDITY to build it or do you even remember? Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Re: Space Pirates!

(...) Hmm, is this craft under the command of the Grand Admiral or more of a thorn in his side? It is indeed a beaut, and a bit of a departure from your more high tech creations. Where did the sails come from? I cant wait for interior pics and some (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Black Seas Barracuda sets sail again!

More good news! As you probably know, we asked the LEGO fans to vote on what LEGO Legend they wanted to see come back the most. The winner was the Black Seas Barracuda pirate ship. As of today, you can pre-order this set through Shop At Home! (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Re: Space Pirates!

I saw this in the background of the splashpage shots and thought it looked like a spacefaring clipper. Too funny....I hope there's lotsa wacky peg-legged robots and sassy parrotmechs on board! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Space Pirates!

Hi Everyone, I am planing to take more detailed photos showing interior and details and such, but I thought I should post before someone discovers this little beauty in the NWBrickCon folders. (URL) is a Space Pirates ship that I built with Sean (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact