 Pirates / 3018
Re: Space Pirates!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:01:01 GMT

Wow, that's funny!  I really like the idea.  Nice guns using technic parts,
too.  The bit under the hull is great, too.

I think I know what I'm going to do with that half-finished pirate ship
shown here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Misc/dsc01571.jpg

One more question:  this was at NWBrickCon, right?  Dosn't that ship in the
background look VERY similar to Joel Kuester's VES-X spacecraft?  Please,
more info on this!

-JHK

In lugnet.pirates, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone,

I am planing to take more detailed photos showing interior and details and
such, but I thought I should post before someone discovers this little
beauty in the NWBrickCon folders.

1)This is a Space Pirates ship that I built with Sean Forbes over a year
ago, and it has been sitting up on my shelf for a long time. We had
originally planned to make an Imperial Navy adversary, but that ship sits
unfinished.

2) It is NOT based on Treasure Planet, but when I saw the trailer for that
movie I smacked my head "DOH!" because I had never photographed this ship
before.

In any case, enjoy this little teaser. I'll work on getting some photos
uploaded before too much longer.

~GAMH