 Pirates / 2975 (-5)
  Re: Hussars!

(...) Love these guys. With cloaks and epaulettes they strike just the right note - their haughty self-assuredness comes through in the images as surely as through the original oils. I'm trying to work out what Port Block would be doing with a bunch (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

Hello! (...) In my opinion the land should be higher leveled than the docks. A port usually is founded at a place like a bay where the land is high and getting flatter towards the sea. This means you need bricks to elevate the land. Hrm... when I (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Hussars!

Ahoy! I've always likes James Howse's idea of Russian hats made from old style tyres (see pics at (URL) note: the use of tyres as hats dates back to at least 1975.) Nice hats, but not really in my prefered era or region. Recently, though, I was (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

Hey I just got an idea, I might use it myself someday. I read all these results and they say use burps or buy lots of bulk tubs to get it up 6+ bricks high. This is my idea, get enough of the right color bricks for the visible parts, and then DUPLO (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

(...) Ahoy, In Port Brique, the sea wall is 12-13 bricks high, with the dock located about half way up at 6 bricks high. The streets are created with 8x16 (or bigger) bricks located on top of the sea wall. The visible parts are red outlined in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact