 Pirates / 2908
  His Majesty's Cutter "Friendly"

G'day all! The ship of my assembling squadron is complete and -- finally! -- photographed. Here she is: (URL) off the stocks from a private builder and armed with nine 36-pounder carronades, "Friendly" has the ability to act exactly opposite to her (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: His Majesty's Cutter "Friendly"

(...) Ahoy! Excellent, excellent work! Proof of concept! SNOT arrives in the age of sail. (I've been pressing my eye to the screen trying to get a closer look at that hull.) Did I mention it was excellent work? Well Done! Richie Dulin (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: His Majesty's Cutter "Friendly"

(...) Thanks, George (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: His Majesty's Cutter "Friendly"

(...) An excellent opening salvo in the application of SNOT building to Pirate ships! I'm sure you're discovering a lot of the same things I did in my three SNOT vessels--especially the 6:5 ratio which will become firmly imprinted in your head as (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: His Majesty's Cutter "Friendly"

(...) It's a whole new world to get used to, but I've been finding it progressively easier to get a handle on. (...) That's on the books for larger vessels. 'Friendly' is fitted out to handle that decking when I get my hands on more tan plating, but (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: His Majesty's Cutter "Friendly"

(...) Thank you kindly... now I just have to figure out the least painful way to build a tumblehome. (...) I'll try to get you a better shot of the curve next time I get my hands on a digital camera. (...) Umm... *no* ; ) Kenneth Tam (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: His Majesty's Cutter "Friendly"

Thanks George, I'll try to get more pics as soon as I can. Kenneth Tam (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military)