 Pirates / 2905 (-20)
  Re: Quality Control

(...) monkey with a sabre (...) I think your NLSO has become an LSO! I'd have great difficulty persuading my NLSO to even put two bricks together, let alone build a whole set and propose improvements to it Kerry (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Pictures of Dragon*Con 2000 Pirate Game

I happened upon some pictures from the Dragon*Con 2000 Pirate Game: (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My cutter is almost ready : )

(...) I usually put a cannon on the poop deck using a 4x4 turntable. You may want a plate underneath so the cannon clears the studs on the railing. It works best if the turntable overhangs the poop deck by one stud (forward). Then you can still (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Expansion of Spotlight functionality

(...) Check it out folks: (URL) - is that an acceptable title? I was trying for some consistency. FUT: lugnet.admin.curators Frank (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My cutter is almost ready : )

(...) I'm not sure what the standard mount for a cannon is on the cutter (I own no "real" 6277s) but we usually moved the mast back and mounted the cannon in its place. best LFB (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Quality Control

(...) Oooh, icky.... (...) I'm not convinced split hulls would really be that good. I haven't played with my Coko parts yet (which do have a split hull). I suspect split hull ships will be less sturdy (affecting play value). I also feel that you (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Quality Control

(...) ~Ah, 'tis a good motif! None shall disbar the militant monkey… --==RïçhårÐ==-- (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Quality Control

Hey Y'all: My NLSO was building the Armada ship when she realized that it was missing a single yellow 1x2 modified tile with a single stud on top. In addition to the missing brick, she also discovered the following element left over: (URL) that's (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  My cutter is almost ready : )

I'm hooked on Pirates again (Thanks to the game @ Brickfest) and I need some Cutters, so I used the instructions from 6277 to make a virtual one. I still need some sails, but I'm close. Gotta find out how to mount the cannon too.... PLMKWYT, -JSM (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.pirates)

  TKOI Create a Creature Contest Results.... FINALLY

Well, this has been an embaressing time for me, it's been too long since the end of the contest to be doing this. Obviously I'm not cut out for this type of thing. ANYWAY... I've now been able to talley all the scores to the entries to the Kingdom (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: PIRATE GAME: New Cutter Record Sheet and other discussion

(...) I also thought about -2 per 3". I'm somewhat inclined to not introduce a new set of range steps because of thinking how to put the range mods right onto the range sticks (and musket has to be on both long and short sticks). It probably is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: NWBrickCon

(...) Absolutely Frank, Sorry this has taken me so long, I'm a little distracted these days... Yes, e-mail me at snowleopard@foxinternet.net and I'll hook you up with the folks doing the gaming! Mark (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: PIRATE GAME: New Cutter Record Sheet and other discussion

(...) I think this is a much better calculation. Grape wasn't even worth doing at point-blank range the other way, though making it equal to a musket may be going a bit too far the other way--maybe -1 per 2"? (-1/inch is a bit too severe.) (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

  PIRATE GAME: New Cutter Record Sheet and other discussion

I just spent some time working on a new cutter record sheet. The new sheet reflects some rule changes: Cannon fire is -1 at 18" and -1 per 6" thereafter (a rule we have been playing with at BrickFest) Grape is -1 per full 3" of range (I'm wondering (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: NWBrickCon

(...) I think you could probably get some people to play. You should refer to the original message and check with Mark Neumann. He'll be able to answer your questions better (and he may not be following this thread right now) ~GAMH (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org, lugnet.pirates)

  West Coast Pirate Fest

Now that I have an apartment which has floor space, I've been thinking of hosting a Pirate Fest at my place (near Portland Oregon) some weekend to play a very long campaign of Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. I figure if I clear the furniture out of my (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) Hey Lindsay, Thanks for the info about the Malik-e-Maidan! I checked into it and it's a pretty awesome cannon! I have to think that the Imperial Army cannon is meant to also serve as a intimidation piece! I believe most of the soldiers would (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002

I'd like to thank Frank and everyone else who made this game happen. I got suckered because I thought I was going to see some animation stuff, but due to the room change, I wandered into the begining stages of the game. After a few minutes of (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Large Cannon MOC! Pirates Beware!

(...) I immediately thought of the famous war trophy cannon, Malik-e-Maidan, which was built in 1549 and brought to Bijapur state; it's a 55-ton gun that required 10 elephants and 500 men to move. The British, of course, took symbolic possession of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Can I offer I suggestion on your cannon made of 2x2 rounds? Try a freestyle four stud wheelhub (conveniently available in grey) in place of the 2x2 round at the cannon mouth, to give a smooth end to the gun. I used that for my carronade (see (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact